Monday, November 24, 2008

To Try It Again

These repetitive words stop at raw emotion.
God, only you know what I truly mean, behind this curtain.
I can't breathe without the warm perfume you exhale.
Reminding me of your smooth hair, now seeming frail.
This love, I'm afraid to say, is not yours Lord.
The wondrous beauty I hold in the air, shifts like a chord.
Strumming to the beat of my heart, sings her voice.
Slow and enchanting, my tone shouts to rejoice,
I love you, I scream wielding the power of many.
Your lips move closer, only to stop at pity.
Gazing into each, our eyes meet with a bloom.
Creations of love and life, within this very room.
But, I need more girl. I need more than simply this.
Your smile, your love, your fragile kiss.
I'm in love with the physical, but need desire.
I need to love you for more than this fire.
More than this rage building to see you, when I can't.
I wait hesitantly. I can't. I won't.
Tired of waiting, we make this relation end.
Beauty reaches the end of insanity,
driving towards the edge of madness.
My mind coming to the yield sign of reality,
each of us stop with a feeling of sadness.
Don't tell me about it girl. I know.
Been through this, even though, I was foolish enough,
to try it again.

No comments: