Monday, November 24, 2008

She Says I Love You

Walking past that bench we both know.
Great times upon emotional ones.
As our hands sway to and fro, speech comes.
A bench, she says knowing.
She sits down as we both know what's coming.

My arm daces over your soft shoulder.
Reaching for rapture, I stroke your hair.
So much colder than we know, but we don't care.
Love provides for the ones who need it.
Cold creeping past our bench, it barely nips.

Clinging to my body, you seek warmth and love.
We find it in each others eyes. You look above.
Your sweet head resting upon my sturdy chest.
Wind blowing roughly, the cold's best.
Your voice sings those sweet words,
I listen carefully, finding the speech of her's.

I love you
she says.

I love you
I respond.

Kiss.

No other words to describe such a quick action.
Such a sign of love, lasting no longer than a fraction.
A fraction well spent of my time.
But to leave the reality behind for you, it's worth it.
Look me in the eyes. Don't look away love.

Eyes coming to dry feeling, you blink.
So adorable in the most amazing way.
Makes me think, just what you would say.
So I simply ask you.
Your lips open and start with these few.

I love you
she says.

I love you
I respond.

Kiss.

Look here. I've got your beautiful heart.
In my hands, I hold it carefully, never to part.
Writing with the will of making you smile.
These words extend happily for many miles.
Never to end. Look for the thinking behind my words.
Read it all again, and single out the verbs.

My arm tightly around your waist, we sit anxious.
Your arms wrapping my own waist.
You start with haste, and we move cautious.
Your head and neck and lips erecting as one.
Your beautiful eyes close, we aren't done.
So close, I can feel your lips.
You whisper in my ear.

I love you
she says.

I love you
I respond.

Kiss.

No comments: