Friday, May 16, 2008

Drink Up Beautiful

I saw you today.
The look you had was filled with dismay.
Why? Why are you sad?
Don't tell me you miss me. Don't say what you wish you had.
My words, my love, my warmth.
Look at yourself. Depressed?
Look at me, and take a guess.
Drink from the fountain of compression.
Combined feelings to fit this space for depression.
Drink up beautiful. Your cup is filled with anguish.
You added the substance, Relinquish.
Give up? You already did.
You left me in the rain. Lord Forgive.
Maybe it's not you. Maybe it's me.
What have I wrong, can you even see?
Misery? Do you feel it? I live it.
You use it against others.
Your ammunition full with my heart.
Your the firearm. Which part? The trigger.
You call the shots. You place the wound.
This battlefield is running out of room.
No more room for lust.
I see your face, I'm filled with disgust.
Drink up beautiful.

No comments: