Friday, May 9, 2008

Can't Look At Your Face

I can't look at your face.
This empty heart in this case.
I hear your voice and laughter.
You get over it, soon after.
Celebrate. Enjoy your happy life.
Don't think about me again, empty sight.
Stop trying to see,
what you missed in me.
I'll stop trying to be, what you wanted me to be.
Your's. I can't look at you.
I can't be your friend.
This is the end.
Don't talk to me. Don't touch me.
Don't call me. Don't care for me.
I don't need your sympathy.
I sense your near.
I feel your warmth.
I release a tear.
But you won't.
Before, you said love.
Love. Define it.
It's a word that never seems to fit.
For you. For me. For us.
What I was feeling is lust.
I didn't love you. Young.
That's what we are.
My age left me hung,
by the noose from afar.

No comments: