Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our Love's Remote

Play. The sound of drum rolls playing in my mind.
Stop. The start of leaving friendship behind.
Rewind. The experience so hard to find.
My arm extends to find it's place.
Knowing exactly where to go, and keeping pace.
The warmth already feeling within my skin.
My fingers gently touch your surface. We begin.
The entertainment playing, we have no interest.
I try to hold it back but I can't resist.
My arm gently holding your soft arm,
bringing you closer to me, protecting you from harm.
The fabric in your shirt I brush against my fingers,
you fail you notice, wile your mind lingers.
I look at the screen of the seemingly blank TV.
I look at you, your beauty, it makes me so happy.
I can't stop staring at your gentle face.
I close my eyes, as I think, and fall into a haze.
Thinking of you. Only you.
The girl I love. The girl who loves me back. Only few.
Only few are like you. So many trying.
I compliment you, but your humble, and keep denying.
Open. Your head now resting upon my chest.
So calm. So beautiful. I watch as you rest.
Hours. I could sit with you for hours.
Would you sit with me love?
The moments we both lived together, ours.

2 comments:

Franklin High School Dance Team said...

:D

Anonymous said...

great poem... =D
i only wonder who its about....