Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hold On

You said hold on, don't let this go to your head.
I look back, at all the things you haven't read.
All the hours I put into feeling and thinking about you.
All the times we had together, wasted. So few.
Together, but with out you. Flying colors, your different hue.
You can't help me. You can't stop the pain.
I wish you could see, the sad boy I became.
Stare into my eyes, and tell me you don't see anything.
Look at me. Look at the pity before scene.
The final act in the performance. The ending.
Get a good look girl, you were pretending.
You were acting to be someone you weren't.
To steal my act, my performance. I learned.
My life, my joy, my love, burned.
Gone, you destroyed the records.
Did go back and take a look at the result afterwards?
No. This road has to many curves.
I don't know where it goes. Show me.
You didn't show me the map. I couldn't see.
I have to make a U-turn on this 2 lane,
Take back all the steps I took and became.
The hard part is getting started.
Help me turn the wheel, so we can be for ever apart.