Monday, June 23, 2008

Around You

I look across, I see your beautiful self.
I want to just go ahead, have you to myself.
I reach to put my arm around you,
you move your head, as I sign that I can pass through.
Through the barrier of friends, and onto lovers.
Leaving it behind, and wanting no other, but you.
My fingers gently touching the surface of your skin.
Thinking about what we used to be back then.
When we were friends, nothing but.
Now I love you, and you love me. A cleared rut.
Moved away all of the mixed emotions, and added the heart.
The feeling of love, the knowing of feeling part.
Part of you, part of your world.
Your mine, no one else's, my one true girl.
The cotton of your shirt, smooth against my arm.
Protecting you from danger, any kind of harm.
Holding you. The feeling of completeness.
Everything that makes me happy, except the kiss.
You turn your head, I look into your precious eyes.
I wait for the ok, and watch you smile.
Simple, pure, lovely. The words I choose to describe it.
The wonderful vibe, I get from being at your side.
Us two. Alone. The world is ours. The time is ours.
Fully, meaningfully, I feel your heartbeat, as we sit for hours.