Monday, September 8, 2008

Screaming Streets

You can take everything I have.
Ill give it all to you.
Everything I need is your love.
You leave me at a stopping point too soon.
Go away down your lonesome road.
I hope you will learn to carry the same load.
The same things I had to deal with. Put up with.
The same things you left me with. No such gift.
I shouldn't have accepted your present of guilt.
I'm left with everything on my back, yet here I sit.
I made it through the hard times, and got passed you.
Nothing I write seems to rhyme, but you still do.
Still ring in my heart. What you left behind.
You took part, in not seeing what kind.
What kind of guy I really am. You don't care.
You walk by me everyday, with that same unconscious stare.
Afraid to look at what I've become?
Or are you afraid to simply come.
Come to smile again to the guy you once knew.
Start something. Become friends. Something new.
Standing in the streets, I scream my heart out.
Listen to my cry, it's all you. Don't pout.
Don't cry yourself for sympathy you don't deserve.
Listen to me, then tell me your story.
You start to speak. Run for home, I'm not sorry.
Don't take the shit you gave me.
Fix you. Fix me. Fix them. Fix the key.

2 comments:

Jakub said...

great new work :)

Franklin High School Dance Team said...

thats deep. very. im very very moved by it :]